Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Little Rasta Man

I was having a party at my apartment, and guests were lounging on the couches and milling about. The doorbell rang and I got up to answer it. I opened the door to see my coworker, Kahata, her date, and her son. The date was a big, tall guy. He looked like he could have been a football player, but he was wearing a sportcoat. Kahata's son was quite small, but his hair was a long set of dredlocks. I reached out to hold him, and she handed the boy to me. I said, "It looks like we have a young Bob Marley here!" She and her date both smiled, and said, "Yeah."

*****

Kahata is one of my coworkers, and she does have a young son, but he's not wearing dreds in the photos I've seen in her cubicle. The "football player" is made-up. I told Kahata about this dream when I got to work today, and she said she'd like to meet that guy.

No comments: