Saturday, February 9, 2008

Nice Rap

Tuesday night

My brother Andrew and I were playing baseball on a nicely-kept field. The other players were friends of ours. It was an informal game, and we were on opposing teams. Andrew was pitching, and I was up to bat. He sent a nice pitch my way, and I swung hard, sending a single into the outfield, between the the shortstop and second base.

*****

Fun, fun, fun. I'm a little scared to play baseball nowadays, due to the speed with which the ball comes off of the bat. My reflexes aren't what they once were (not that they were ever very good) and I'm afraid to get my remaining teeth knocked out. I still love softball and Wiffle ball, however, and love to play. In fact, Andrew and I used to have a big combined birthday party every year, called the "Birthday Bash," and we'd always have a softball game in the afternoon before the party. Gosh, that was fun. I'm already daydreaming about doing it again for our 50th, in August of 2012. Mark your calendars.

No comments: