Thursday, January 31, 2008

Money, Money, Money

Tuesday night

I was in an antique shop, and the proprietor, a woman in her 50s or 60s, was rolling back a set of Space Saver shelves to show me a collection of figurines, or porcelain statues. They were all encased in glass boxes, and there were rows and rows of them. They were pretty impressive, so I called my boss over. (She was in the store, too.) I said, "Hey, Jennie -- take a look at this!" She came down the aisle, had one look, and said, "We'll split the revenue on all of those."

*****

This dream probably wouldn't be funny to anyone but me. It mixes my interest in antiques (although I'm not really into little statues and stuff like that) with the stresses brought on by work. Part of my job is to track sales of all of our reps into certain special sections. Sometimes those sales are split between sales reps and account managers. It's Jennie's job to come up with new ideas to generate revenue. Therefore, the gist of this dream is that Jennie's always thinking about ways to drive revenue, even when she's in an antique shop; it never stops.

No comments: