Friday, December 28, 2007

Everybody's Waiting

Tuesday night (Christmas)

I was in a convenience store, such as a 7-11, and my wife's sister, Liz, and her husband, Jim, were outside, waiting for me in the car. I was there to buy some stocking stuffers for their kids. It was time for me to pay, and when I opened my wallet, the $50 bill that had been in there was suddely gone. I panicked, and beseeched the people behind the counter and a bunch of folks in line to wait a minute while I looked for it. I could see my brother-in-law and sister-in-law through the window, and they seemed to be frowning and asking the same question as the people at the end of the line: "What's the hold-up?"

*****

My brother- and sister-in-law never expected me to buy any such thing for their kids, and treated me and my wife very nicely during this trip. Having said that, I had planned to pick up some little things, such as pens, to place in the kids' stockings, and never got around to it, so I suppose I was beating myself up about it in this dream.

No comments: