Saturday, December 1, 2007

Divided Loyalities

Thursday night

I was the detective, or bounty hunter, this time, and I was back in Arlington, trying to track down a very large Samoan, or Hawaiian guy, who had a name as long as your arm. (I was aware of the name in the dream, but can't remember it.) While I was there, I had to figure out where I was going to spend the night. My friend, Jim B., had recently separated from his wife, and she was living in another house in the same neighborhood. Each had offered to let me stay at their place, so I had to choose.

*****

What is it with the detective stories in my dreams?

I later married Jim's ex-, and I'm still married to her now. I can't deny that there's complications and fallout involved when marrying the ex-wife of a friend. I'm glad that we're married, but there are some regrets, too. If only those two were never married, and she and I met at a party, or something...

No comments: