Saturday, November 17, 2007

Commercial / Not My Thing

Thursday night

Dream 1: Commercial

My employer(s) decided that they needed to make a TV commercial to reach the younger audience, so they enlisted the help of some of the 20-somethings at work to plan it, and appear in the spot. Christy S. and Eden F., among others, were filmed out in the woods with their Jeeps parked nearby, taking part in some hip, off-road youngster party.

Dream 2: Not My Thing

The Eagles had a new album out, so one enterprising reporter decided to track down singer Don Henley's son and ask him what he thought of it. The son said, "To be honest, I never really got [understood] my dad's music."

*****

Dream 1: Commercial

This dream reminds me of those cigarette ads that I used to see in magazines, in which beautiful people were shown having a blast at the seashore, on a sailboat, in a hot rod, making a snowman, etc., while wielding (unlit) cigarettes in their hands. I'd think to myself, That does look like fun... but what do the cigs have to do with any of it?" I suppose that the purpose of those ads has always been for the subjects' glamour and joie de vivre to rub off on the product being sold, however unlikely the situation, and that's what was going on in last night's dream.

Christy and Eden are both nice people. I don't know if they own Jeeps or not.

Dream 2:

The Eagles just released their first new studio album in 28 years, and the thing has reportedly already sold 3 million copies worldwide. Don Henley and his cohorts have given a few press interviews lately, saying that this CD might be their swan song, and that it serves as a present/message to their children, most obviously on the last song on the double album, "It's Your World Now." That's probably why I dreamed of Henley's kid. I have no idea how many kids he has, or if they are boys or girls.

Do any kids really like their dad's music, or vice versa?

No comments: