Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trust No One / F.W.P.

Wednesday night

Dream 1: Trust No One

My wife's friend, Laura, and I worked in a section of a government agency with the highest security clearance possible. Word had recently come down that there might be a mole in our midst, and suddenly my boss and I weren't sure who to trust, including Laura and other members of our team. All of this weighed heavily on me, and I rushed to the tippy-top security room, fumbling with my key in the lock, trying to secure important documents before Laura could get there. (She had a key, too.)

A few minutes later I met up with my boss. He and I were standing outside of a conference room in a dark-paneled hallway. Other coworkers were passing by and some were milling about. He leaned over and whispered, Do you have the photographs?" I said, "I handed them to your boss." He said, "Good. And the papers?" I said, "I hid them inside the tall book on the upper shelf."

Dream 2: F.W.P.

I was walking along a path in the woods, having a very pleasant conversation with a "Smokey and the Bandit"-era Sally Field. Suddenly, we came upon a poor Southern boy, who was excitedly chasing something. He cried out, "It's a ground squirrel!" He was hoping to catch it and eat it. Sally said, "You run along -- by noon you'll have your ground squirrel!" With that, she whipped out a long string with a rock at the end of it, and began twirling it around her head. She was going to kill the squirrel for the hungry boy. I stood back and watched. I thought, "Wow. She's cute, we have fun together, she's got a lariat... I wonder if I could become a "friend with privileges?"

*****

Dream 1: Trust No One

Laura came over to our house last night to observe the Halloween festivities in our neighborhood. At one point, she, my wife and another friend took a walk to see the decorations on the next street, and I held down the fort with two neighbors. Soon we were running low on candy, and I needed to go back inside for reinforcements. Unfortunately, our 80-year-old doorknob was tricky again, and I couldn't get in the house. I'd left my keys inside, and thought I'd have to wait for my wife to get back. Finally, our neighbor realized that he had a set of keys to our place, so his wife ran and got them, and we didn't run out of candy after all. I'm sure that stress over fiddling with the lock to the front door last night factored into this dream.

It's interesting to me that on 10/18 I dreamed that I was a crook involved with Tony Soprano's gang, and was warning the other guys not to trust anyone. This time, I was a government worker who trusted no one. Hmmm...

Dream 2

My coworker Ginger and I were talking about Sally Field the other day. I mentioned that she filmed a movie in my neighborhood last year.

I told my wife about this dream this morning, and she said, "She's cute. You're cute, too, but there are levels. She's above your level." I'll say.

I'm assuming that all two of my readers will understand which privileges I was thinking about.

*****

October Dream Roundup

It seems that more celebrities than usual popped up in my dreams in October; most of them were musicians. And what's with the color blue this month? Al Gore wore a blue shirt, The center of the Soprano's new H.Q. was painted blue, Chris Matthews' L.P. was on blue vinyl, and the peacock painted on the bathroom door had bright blue feathers. ?

Friends/Family:

My wife
Andrew C.
Brent L.
Dad
Denis G.
Eddie M.
Eric M.
Jenni H.
Jimmie C.
Mom
Stuart R.
Wingard C.

Coworkers/Acquaintances:

Frank A.
Harriet T.
Melissa L.

Celebrities:

Al Gore
Alex Van Halen
Britney Spears (mentioned by Chris Matthews in "Cut Short")
Chris Matthews
Dan Akyroyd
David Lee Roth
DeForest Kelly
Dick Van Dyke
Don Henley
Eddie Van Halen
George Takei
J.C. Crowley (of Player)
James Doohan
Jennifer Aniston
John Friesen (Player)
Jonathan Cain
Leonard Nimoy
Lucille Ball
Matt Lauer
Nichelle Nichols
The Osmonds
Pat Benatar
Peter Beckett (Player)
Peter MacNicol
Paul Simon
Ron Moss (Player)
Rudy Giuliani
Tony Sirico (as Paulie Walnuts)
Walter Koenig
Wayne Cook (Player)
William Shatner
Wolfgang Van Halen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um...Read, Write, Execute and Delete privileges?

Methinks you wouldn't so much like Sally as Dr. Abby Lockheart's bipolar Mom Maggie from ER. A fantastic, really fantastic, first-rate performance from Sally, but boy, Maggie's quite a handful!