Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Wife's Favorite Dream Ever / Things Have Changed / Mentor

Wednesday night

Dream 1: My Wife's Favorite Dream Ever

My brother Andrew and I were both stressed out about our jobs, so I told him that I'd been to a small shopping center recently, and had seen a sign on a brick wall for "Feel Good Massage." I figured that that would help us relax, so he and I went back there to check it out. A slick black dude walked us back out into the middle of the parking lot, and placed us in the front seat of a rusted 1970s car. He rubbed Andrew's shoulders a bit, then, for effect, he lit the top and bottom of the car on fire, and calmly walked away. I turned to Drew and said, "I didn't even get a massage!" Drew said, "I did." I said, "Well, I didn't get SHIT, and now THIS CAR'S GONNA BLOW UP!" At that moment the burning car began to roll backward with us in it. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" It made several 360s in the parking lot, scaring us to death -- I thought it might bash through the front window of another business. It finally stopped just before doing so, but was blocking the entrance to someone else's store.

Dream 2: Things Have Changed

I went over to my friend Jarratt's house; he hadn't been around in awhile, so I wanted to catch up with him, and he wanted to know what had been happening in his absence. I took him over to the townhouse where I rented a room on Hyson Lane in Falls Church. I used to have the large basement room to myself, but no longer; now that room had turned into a business, and my desk was right next to my boss, Jennie S.'s desk. No matter what I did, I couldn't escape work.

Dream 3: Mentor

I was walking and talking with a friend; we both had bicycles. We were about to enter a building, so we were carrying our bikes up the steps. The friend was asking me about my friendship with Mick Jagger, about how we used to carouse and date so many different women. I explained how I'd taken Jagger under my wing: "Somebody had to show him the ropes." I was kidding. I think.

*****

Dream 1: My Wife's Favorite Dream Ever

My wife said that this dream perfectly captures my brother and me, and our "retardedness." She says that we should film ourselves acting this one out, and post it to You Tube.

We watched "The Bourne Ultimatum" the other night, and one of the extras showed Damon learning how to drive a police car and hit the pedals just so to make it spin out. My wife suggests that that's why the car in this dream was making circles in the parking lot.

Dream 2: Things Have Changed

My friend Jarratt died at age 27 in September of 1991. It's hard to believe that almost 17 years have passed.

My job is so stressful that I do sometimes feel that I can't escape it; there's so much to remember, so much to worry about...

Dream 3: Mentor

I finally got off my rear end and took my bike into the shop this past week, to get it road-ready again. It had been in our basement for about five years. The guy at the bike shop said that it was in remarkably good shape, but went on to explain how bike technology had completely changed since I'd bought my Giant Rincon (sort of a street bike / mountain bike hybrid). For instance, my bike is made of steel, but new bikes are much lighter. Also, many new bikes come with shocks, but mine doesn't have those. Anyway, all I needed was a couple of new tubes, so I got off easy. I'm picking it up on Friday, so take that, oil companies.

No comments: