Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Save the Date

I was dating a blonde, and she was a bad dame, which had its up and down sides. In fact, she was so bad, she had been sentenced to jail for 18 years. This dream opened in a small courthouse, or police station. It was nighttime, and the place was deserted. My gal pal was about to begin her sentence, but apparently the guard had taken pity on us, and took a hike. We stood outside her cell, and were making out furiously -- her back was to the bars. I was kissing her neck and making suggestions that I need not repeat here. Anyway, it turned out that I was allowed to visit her once a year. In the midst of our passion, she said, "You could see me [every] December 16th!" I said, "Uh, I don't think my [future] wife would like that very much!"

*****

Kinky, but pretty funny. This story seems ripped from a trashy 1950s novel, or from one of the film noirs of that era that I love.

The dialog, if not the actual scene, could have been inspired by Humphrey Bogart and Mary Astor in "The Maltese Falcon," or maybe Ed MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck in "Double Indemnity."

It's too bad that the dream ended without a few more lines of tough talk; something like, "You got yourself into this, baby, and you're gonna' take the rap, not me. Good luck, sweetheart -- I'm gettin' on with my life!"

No comments: