Tuesday, October 23, 2007

To Boldly Go

Monday night

I was flying on a specially charted jet which was carrying the cast of "Star Trek." The in-flight films were all Star Trek-related, including old TV episodes, movies, etc. I happened to be sitting next to Jennifer Aniston.

At one point we were watching an episode of the Star Trek cartoon series (from 1973) which featured some alien dude wearing what looked like white face makeup. He sorta freaked Jennifer out, so I comforted her, and we bonded.

When the flight landed, I asked Jen if she'd like to come over to my parents' house, and she said she would. It turned out that she used to date my brother Jimmie. Jimmie rented a boat for the occasion, and the three of us took it out for the day on the Atlantic Ocean, which happened to be on 34th Street, next to Mom and Dad's place. Jen looked at me and said, "You're not going to tell anyone I was here, right?" I said that I wouldn't, and we all went swimming.

*****

Last night we watched one of the funniest Star Trek episodes, "I, Mudd," from 1967. We have the first two seasons of the series on DVD.

My brother Jimmie never really dated Jennifer Aniston. At least, he's never mentioned it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I getcha into my dreams,
you should hear the things you say!
It's not that it so much fun,
but safer that way....

Man, in my dreams, huh?