Friday, October 26, 2007

Visitor / California

Thursday night

Dream 1: Visitor

A tall, thin black man in a long black coat was standing with his friends on a high hill in a large public park. He was in a clearing, surrounded by forest. I was in the same park, walking uphill in his direction, when I saw him point at a large black bird that was circling just above the trees that were about 100 yards behind me. He called out, "An eagle!" One of his friends said, "It's a vulture!" The bird in question flew past me and landed much closer to all of us, in a tree to my left. He had black wings, a large black eye, and a huge, beautiful blue beak. I turned to the man in the long coat and called out, "It's a a toucan. It's not a [North] American bird -- it must have been someone's pet that escaped." He nodded, pleased that he saw it, and that I knew what it was.

Dream 2: California

My old friend, Brent L., called me on the phone. He'd been after me for days because he knew that I had a very large map of California, and he wanted information about school districts there. While Brent waited, I got the map and unfolded it. It was so large, it covered my kitchen table.
*****

No comments: