Friday, July 27, 2007

Curtain Call

Thursday night

I vaguely recall standing on a stage between Barack Obama and another guy, being acknowleged by an audience. It may have been after a debate, but I think that we'd been performing one of Shakespeare's plays. Obama was wearing his standard business suit.

*****
I'm still trying to carve out time to finish the book I'm reading, about the Lincoln administration. Lincoln loved the works of Shakespeare, and often entertained friends and guests by reciting long passages of The Bard's works from memory.

I like Obama, but I'm not yet convinced that he's presidential material. After watching the recent CNN/Youtube debate (on youtube, of course) I felt that I was hearing too many platitudes and not enough specifics, and that Obama dodged too many questions. Don't you hate it when a politician is asked a question, and he or she answers, "I think the real question is..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you think it's far too early for this circus to begin? I am barely following because it's so far out.

Is ANYONE but Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich really standing out?

On the above question, isn't it interesting that two guys from the far extremes of the mainstream both want us the hell out of Iraq? No nuanced talk from either man about that.