Tuesday, July 24, 2007

They're Baaaaaack...

Monday night

I was presumably back in Arlingon, and was meandering through a neighbor's overgrown property. I pulled up a large rock next to a stream, and heard the sound of a frog jumping into the water. Later, as I walked through the tall grass toward higher ground, I came across a hooded King Cobra. Soon, I found two more. They didn't hurt me and I didn't hurt them -- I don't kill snakes -- but they were all rearing up and blocking me from where I was trying to go. I set off to find the owner of the property to alert him that they were there.

*****

As far as I know I had never dreamed about cobras in my life prior to this month, and now I've dreamed of them twice (see "Snake," July 16). What do they signify? Obstacles? Danger? Anxiety? All of the above? More than likely, they are a manifestation of work stress (again).

When I was a kid I'd often go down to the creek to explore "the natural world." I'd turn over rocks to find eels, crayfish and all kinds of interesting critters. This past weekend my wife was saying that when she was young she used to find frogs and toads in her yard, but she never sees them here. That conversation probably filtered into this dream.

1 comment:

4mastjack said...

Aren't frogs and toads like disappearing everywhere?

(To answer my own question, I check the ever-reliable Wikipedia. See here.)