Monday, July 16, 2007

Snake

Saturday night

I'd gone to Paris on vacation, and was very excited about taking a guided walking tour of the city; that is, until I realized that the only other person on the tour aside from the guide would be my ex-boss, Rod. He and I were standing with our backs to a wall, waiting for the tour to begin, and he was to my left. For some reason he towered over me; he was much taller than he is in real life.

When our guide finally began our tour, she led us toward an empty lot which was filled with trash, and I noticed that a large snake was sticking his head out from the debris. I said, "Was that a cobra?" (I could see its hood.) When we got closer, the snake had turned into a giant millipede, and crawled back from whence he came.

*****

Rod was the manager who laid me off after 10 years at my previous job. I suppose that he was taller to indicate the power which he had wielded over my life. The sneaky snake speaks for itself.

No comments: