Sunday, July 29, 2007

Salesman

Saturday night

I was working for a company that was developing a new product called "Aquatine." We were gathered in a conference room to discuss our sales strategy and someone was handing out the marketing budget. As soon as I saw it I said, "I'm going to need an answering machine."

*****

I googled Aquatine and found that it is an "endodontic cleanser solution" (actually, hypochlorous acid) which has been shown to be effective in disinfecting tooth root canals. How in the world did I know about that? I had a root canal operation when I was a kid, but I think this product is newer than that, because the report that I found, testing its effectiveness against bleach (sodium hypochlorite), was dated May 2007, and was presented at this year's American Association of Endodontists meeting in Philadelphia. Maybe I saw a trial package of this stuff the last time I was at the dentist, or maybe I glanced at an ad for it in a magazine. Weird.

Then again, this dream may have nothing whatsoever to do with Aquatine. I may have been thinking about "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," a cartoon on cable's "Adult Swim" channel. I've never actually seen it, but have seen a trailer for it at the movie theater, and it has probably been mentioned in Entertainment magazine. From the little that I have seen, it appears to be completely retarded.

No comments: