Monday, July 16, 2007

Grief / Night Game

Friday night

Dream 1

I'd heard that my twin brother, Andrew, had died, and I was devastated by the news; I numbly contemplated what life would be like without him.

Dream 2

I don't remember much about this one, except that I was talking to some friends about playing some sort of game. One of them, Eddie, had a suggestion. He said, "Let's play Wiffle Ball at night!"

*****

Dream 1

For once, I was glad to be awoken by our cat.

Just before going to bed I read about the death of Abraham and Mary Lincoln's son, Willie, of typhoid fever, in February 1862, and of the intense sorrow felt by the president's family and their friends.

I was certainly glad when Andrew called me later that afternoon.

Dream 2

I've been playing Wiffle Ball my entire life, and love it to this day. If I were a rich man, I'd build a Wiffle Ball stadium in my backyard, complete with lights and a high outfield wall, mimicking "The Green Monster" in Fenway Park.

No comments: