Thursday, March 13, 2008

Being Tested

Wednesday night

Shelly, one of the managers at work, was about to give me a test on 1980s trivia, but first she asked me to take it to the Xerox machine to copy it. I was to focus only on the question portion, which was about three pages long. She said, "Don't look at the answers," which must have been toward the back of the stack. I looked at the pages she gave me, and frowned. They were on dark green paper, and they were a weird size: 11 x 14. I thought, "How am I going to copy this?" Later that day I came across a file that I hadn't seen before. It contained secret notations written about me as I interviewed for my Unisys contract position at the GSA years ago. I was happily surprised. I did all right; the comments weren't half bad.

*****

I had to write my one-year review today. I hate talking about myself in those things. It was on my mind last night.

No comments: