Friday, March 7, 2008

Mad Dash / Nick's on Tour

Thursday night

Dream 1: Mad Dash

My old boss, Christy, and I were in an office, sorting through a large stack of forms, and were gossiping about one of my current coworkers, Samantha H., who has twice said that she was going to leave, and then decided to stay. Christy smiled and said, "What's up with that?" At that moment, a man arrived behind us, and announced, "It's 10:55!" I looked down at my pocket watch and saw that it was about a half hour slow. Christy and I ran out of the room and were joined by a large crowd, all headed down the hallway to try to cram into a large glass elevator. We all had a flight to catch. During the melee some folks, including a young Asian boy, were roughly pushed out of the way. I got to to the elevator just as it was closing, but was just able to reach the button, and got the doors to open again. I walked inside, and overheard one of the inhabitants, a tall, thin British man, say "I had the funniest dream last night. Holly Hunter was singing [Donna Summer's] 'Last Dance.'"

Dream 2: Nick's on Tour

Nick Lowe was touring America again, and a single had been released off of his new album, and it was doing very well in the charts. I had a ticket to see him at my former high school in Arlington.

*****

Dream 1: Mad Dash

I enjoyed working for Christy. I haven't seen her since April 2005. The person we were discussing, Samantha, really has said that she was quitting my current employer twice. We recently watched our DVD of the hilarious Coen Brothers movie "Raising Arizona," which features Nic Cage, Holly Hunter and John Goodman.

Dream 2: Nick's on Tour

Nick is coming to Nashville next month. He's an old favorite.

No comments: